Incontinence

I have always been unable to hold my pee for reasonable durations. It's almost involuntary. This deeply affects my quality of life and puts me in embarrassing situations. I have a small window when I start to feel the need to pee and i actually have to. I try to drink lesser amount of liquids too when I'm outside but that's not causing other problems too. Please help me.

Doctor Answers (1) on Incontinence

Dr. Parag Patil Thane | Gynecologist
Looks like your urinary sphincter and levator ani muscles which give continence are weak.... You can get evaluated by a gynec as this problem is affecting your social life. You can do kegels exercise 1. During passage of urine stop the flow now and again.. 2. Sleeping on floor. Keep legs folded at knee and hips and hold a pillow between the knees. Now press the pillow by using your thighs...repeat again and again 3. When u r watching tv or doing anything...you must lift the anal sphincter up in the tummy and then relax to let it go to normal...repeat this as many times as u can All this will help your muscles to get toned But if you have had vaginal deliveries the floor of the bladder can get lax and result in a vaginal swelling.....this can be checked by a gynec... So do visit a gynecologist to get evaluated and to get some medical help...