Improvement of tmj disorder
Now my tmj disorder treatment is going on. After more than 1 year of treatment for my tmj disorder with splint therapy and orthodontic treatment now I don't feel any pain, jaw clicking or locking etc. I just feel  my jaw muscles are in spasm (they are tight), my facial shape is not normal (like before this problem),different types of sound from my neck and back and sometimes from jaw muscles while massaging them and i also feel by touching both the jaw joint that they are not symmetrical and balanced. Will i be cured totally from this problem? Is this harmful to massage my jaw muscles while wearing tmj splint for 24/7 ? Can you  suggest something that can speed up this recovery process? Please help me.

Hello do not worry,all you need is physiotherapy for your jaw muscles to relax and come to their normal state.
Visit your nearest MDS and get a check up done

Talk to experienced dentist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

+135
Chat with a dentist
HELLO DONOT WORRY YOUR MUSCLES ARE ADJUSTING TO A NEWER POSITION. IT TAKES TIME FOR THEM TO GET ADAPTED TO A NEW POSITION ......... DO REGULAR YOGA EXERCISES FOR YOUR NECK MUSCLES. AND BE REGULAR WITH YOUR ONGOING DENTAL TREATMENT REGARDS TEAM TDC