Implantation or periods

I had oral sex with my bf on 23rd October and my periods were due on 1st nov. They came late by a week (presumably because i took a lot of stress regarding why it wasn't happening). My cycle usually lasts for 4-5 days. However this time it lasted for 3 days, although the flow was good on the 1st day and from 2nd day night it started to lessen. So I was a bit confused whether it was period or implantation bleeding. Just to be sure i took a urine pregnancy test the very next day and it came negative. Recently, I read on net that pregnancy test immediately after implantation bleeding doesn't give an accurate result so its better to do it later. So should i take one more or was the previous one reliable enough?

Doctor Answers (2) on Implantation or periods

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, Since there has been no penetration, you are unlikely to be pregnant. You also got your periods so you are not pregnant. There are many other causes of delayed periods like stress. Stay relaxed. There is nothing to worry about. Visit a gynaecologist and seek further evaluation. You can visit my clinic International Fertility Centre located in New Delhi for further evaluation. My clinic offers varied gynaecological treatments and services to help you have a successful treatment. You can mail your contact details to reach you.
Dr. Mamta Pattnayak Gurgaon | Gynecologist
Hi, if only oral sex then you will not become pregnant. So relax.
If you have sex then also you have periods. If you missed next cycle do urine pregnancy test.