Iice and 34weeks pregnant

I want to get rid of lice in my hair in a way that is not harmful to the baby. I am 34weeks pregnant. Some have suggested applying onion juice on scalp and hair. Is the attached medication safe to use during this time?

Doctor Answers (1) on Iice and 34weeks pregnant

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, One option for treating lice naturally is to use a fine-toothed nit comb to comb through wet hair. Make sure the hair is wet and lubricated with conditioner. Then, using a fine-toothed comb specifically for lice, comb through your hair from your scalp through the ends, making sure you comb through your entire head at least twice per session. With each stroke through the hair, check the comb for any lice, and rinse them off. Repeat this every three days for a few weeks. Continue this process for two weeks after you no longer see any lice. If you see moving lice even after doing the above remedy, One lotion that has been approved for use by pregnant and breastfeedingwomen is 4% dimeticone lotion. Consult dermatologist for prescription. And the medicine you have attached 5% permethrin is not recommended because it is less effective it treating lice problem.