I often lie to people

I often make up stories of my own regarding me,good or bad, and tell them to my close ones. i dont knw why i do it, or whether i feel happy regarding this. Smtimes i feel like i am lying to them unneccesarily. I present these in such a way that it looks very real nd all blvs me.hw to stop this? Pls suggest me.

Dr. Naresh Vadlamani
Psychiatrist 23 yrs exp Hyderabad

You probably have low self esteem and in order to look better in others opinion you create stories or lies which project you well. this will enable you to be satisfied temporarily but the guilt of lying again creates self doubt. Accept as you are. Love yourself and your capabilities first.

Hi, your history suggests Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). It is a potentially disabling illness that traps people in endless cycles of repetitive thoughts and behaviors. People with OCD are plagued by recurring and distressing thoughts, fears, or images (obsessions) they cannot control. The anxiety(nervousness) produced by these thoughts leads to an urgent need to perform certain rituals or routines (compulsions). The compulsive rituals are performed in an attempt to prevent the obsessive thoughts or make them go away. Kindly consult Psychiatrist...