I have a large fibroid

I have a large fibroid near my uterus. i was pregnant with almost 8 weeks but as the size of the fibroid was growing exponentially with my pregnancy i had to get MTP done. its been 5 weeks to my mtp and i have still not gotten my periods. is this normal? how long does the time ranges for cycle to be back to normal after an mtp? do i need to worry or consult a doctor?

Doctor Answers (1) on I have a large fibroid

Dr. Parag Patil Thane | Gynecologist
The doctor who did your MTP must have counseled you about when to expect the menses, but since you have asked You should know that after MTP or any spontaneous abortion the menses do get disturbed for few months. Some get it by 6-8 weeks after mtp So wait and see. If you have indulged in unprotected sex in the last 5 weeks, after MTP...you must do a urine pregnancy test. Otherwise wait for a week and if menses dont come consult your doctor who did MTP