I got hernia
Hi I had delivery last year and it was my first one. As per doctor my skin is too loose and my baby was overweight , i got hernia My doctor told no need of treatment now till my second pregnancy. Currently i have no pains and any issues with my stomach. But i am scared is it fine if i get treated Hernia after my second pregnancy. My doctor told me that i have hernia , but it will no give me any pains as intestine is away from it. She told me in old times women let it be as it is , they used to keep it untreated. Please suggest what should i do . Is it needed to be treated or it is fine if i keep untreated

Dr. Vinay Kumaran
GastroIntestinal Surgeon 25 yrs exp Mumbai
It's reasonable to have the hernia repair after you complete your family. A hernia repair may be disrupted by a subsequent Cesarean section and make the Cesarean more difficult.