I fear quite often

Quite often I fear when i see some accidents or deaths and I could not sleep at night and I have to watch tv for that. I always be confused for completing any task. Not focused enough or not taking the right decision though I will be having the right decision in my pocket. Please help me.

Doctor Answers (2) on I fear quite often

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
I think there is some low self esteem in you which is the cause of all those you had mentioned. It is not a mistake though. May be this behaviour was developed due to some incidents or events or people in your childhood,
I would suggest you to consult a Psychological Counsellor in your city personally and learn to handle these issues.
Dr. Satish Ramaiah Bangalore | Addiction Psychiatrist
Your description does suggest symptoms of anxiety which manifests in the form of tension, worries , negative ruminations, fear, lack of attention, concentration, memory, uncertainties, indecisiveness, excessive doubts and so on. It may include some periods of physical symptoms like palpitations, sweating, shaking, dry mouth, chest discomfort etc. The cause may be some genetic vulnerability, stress levels and even personality traits. It is very common and treatable. You will need detailed assessment some tests and then based on findings you will benefit from cognitive behavior therapy, lifestyle modifications and mediciine too as appropriate. Regarding