I'm not able to forget gf
I love a girl..but my family is not ready to let me marry that girl...they have arranged my marriage with another girl. I still meet my gf and she wants me to ask my parents to cancel that marriage and marry her .My parents know a lot of bad things which i didn't know earlier about her. I am in deep depression. Suggest me what should i do. She can't get pregnant too..That also my parents know. She told me that it is because of some period problem but my parents told me that she had sex with soneone and she got pregnant and during abortion something went wrong. I didn't told my parents regarding her period problem. They told me that she cant't get pregnant. I told them that i know. They asked do u know the reason.. I told yes but they told me this sex thing..Help me plzz

Dr. Nachiketha Chebbi
Psychotherapist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Dear friend, I respect your courage to share out your heart trusting us. Thank you for your trust. As I read through the details of your stuck situation, many questions cross by my mind. I see that you're influenced by your parents and your lover. Your parents are taking decisions for your life and your lover is trying to influence your parents' decisions through you. Where do you see your individuality here? Are you lost in between the two influencing forces? Have you come out from the clutches of both, differentiating from them as a separate individual and contemplated on what you really want? What love mean to you or what have you understood by love? What in her attracted you to label it as love? What is your definition of relationship? You may have the desperation or eagerness to depend on either of them (or both) to seek emotional support but that is not a healthy relationship but merely a dependence. Relationships cannot survive on emotional dependence but emotional connection. You need to be self-adequate to give to your relationship rather than being incomplete and depending on your partner to make you complete. I can see more of the latter traits in you through your description. There are a lot of things that you need to think for yourself keeping the others aside for sometime. Think about these and you can always write to me.
Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

Hello buddy, did u speak to gf after u came to know about the info which your parents gave about her. Do you still wanted to get married to her or is it because you r confused h6 the info given by your parents. First and foremost discuss with you gf understand the situation and then proceed whatever you feel right.
Hi....., Take steps to control stress, to increase your resilience and boost your self-esteem. Reach out to family and friends, especially in times of crisis, to help you weather rough spells. Get treatment at the earliest sign of a problem to help prevent depression from worsening. Consider getting long-term maintenance treatment to help prevent a relapse of symptoms.