I am under weight

I am male 23 years old and my weight is 42 kg. I am so skinny. What can i do for weight gain? Please suggest something
views-icons 60 Views bookmarks-icon 2 Bookmarks Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on I am under weight

Mrs. Gurpreet Kaur Chhabra Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi
Gaining healthy weight is a gradual process,
Pls update us with your height ..so dat we can we can figure out how much weight you need to gain.
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...I can understand your concern. It would have been better if you had posted your height, so that we could have calculated the appropriate weight for you. Nevertheless it is important to gain muscle mass and not fat. As you know few people have very high basic metabolism rate. It will be difficult for them to gain weight. Also one should remember gaining weight and losing weight is a very gradual process. It will a lot of time, patience and determination. You must follow a healthy diet and exercise schedule. Start having food rich in proteins like pulses, soyabeans, vegetables, fruits, egg whiteboiled , boiled chicken. Regarding exercises, start cycling or swimming or gyming, whatever you are comfortable with and enjoy most. You can also visit a dietician and endocrinologist for further queries.