I am suffering from anxie

I am suffering from anxiety since childhood. It's because I always used to follow my brother as a role model. He takes a lot of stress, over think ,and always remain in imaginary life. I never knew it and hence I copied his nature because he is very intelligent person(IIT). I am improving because I have been consulting with a psychiatrist but brother is becoming worse. He thinks a lot and he is not even to do anything productive in his life. We live together which makes me tensed about him. He doesn't listen to me at all which results in fight. What should I do to not disturb my peace of mind and not to make him irritable because of our daily disputes!

Doctor Answers (4) on I am suffering from anxie

Dr. Suruchi Bapat Mumbai | Counselling Psychologist
Your brother has a severe state of anxiety.
He needs safe treatment like Homoeopathy which has no side effects at all. It will help maintain good health, increase his immunity  too.
Asking him to focus on needed details and not over-think can be done through counselling too.
To avoid the daily quarrels , you can ignore him and not get involved in the petty fights.
Kindly, understand intellect comes with lots of side-effects. We collectively have to help the patient come out of all such imbalances.
Priyadarshi Srivastava Lucknow | Neuropsychiatrist
Your brother seems to have generalised anxiety disorder. He needs medicines and counselling both
Hello. I understand that you are very concerned about your brother. Having fights with one’s siblings can be very stressful. You’ve mentioned that you found psychiatric consultations to be helpful. You could take up these issues with your psychiatrist who may counsel you or refer you to a counselling psychologist. They may help explore the options on how you can care for your brother in a way that is healthy for you. Further you could also ask your brother to go for counselling, if he desires help. Alternatively, you could also approach a family therapist who will try to understand your individual concerns and strengthen your relationship with your brother.
K V Anand Palakkad | Clinical Psychologist
Dear. Welcome to praco. Please understand anxiety is part of your body's natural defense mechanism. It is important for body and therefore cannot be cured. Every one has anxiety in one form or another. What is important is to understand anxiety and learn to manage it. The more you try to CURE it, the more anxious you become. Cognitive Behavioral therapy will help you. Take care.