diabetes-icon

Hypothyroidism

My tsh is 6.20, having dizziness in the morning, little itchiness in my armpit and pain in breasts. Periods are not coming properly.generally they are not on time and are delayed by 6 days. Having a lump in my armpit.hair loss is also there
views-icons 48 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Hypothyroidism

Recheck your TSH level and also free T3 and T4 levels. Go for mammography, it is always better to take this investigation. Need more clinical history to evaluate your exact problem and diagnosis so please contact your doctor.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..... The easiest and most effective treatment is simply taking a thyroid hormone pill (Levothyroxine) once a day, preferably in the morning. This medication is a pure synthetic form of T4 which is made in a laboratory to be an exact replacement for the T4 that the human thyroid gland normally secretes. It comes in multiple strengths, which means that an appropriate dosage can almost always be found for each patient. The dosage should be re-evaluated and possibly adjusted monthly until the proper level is established.....