Hypothyroidism
Hi, My T3 and T4 level is normal but my TSH level is 8.1 I am in a consult with a Psychiatrist did he will help me to control my TSH level or i have to consult a Thyroid doctor. And what should i have to do to control my TSH level. Please suggest.

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore

Consult an Endocrinologist
Hello psychiatrist will not help in hypothyroidism,, hypothyroidism is due to decreased thyroxin harmone. It s commonly associated with weight gain and irregular period..... One need to take medications regularly.. Its long term problem..you should limit their intake of broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage,cauliflower, , turnips,......you consult general physician.