Hypertension in pregnancy
I m 6 months pregnant.my bp is 140/90. i have feet swelling .how to reduce bp naturally.my gnac prescribed me methyldopa tablets alphadopa 500. i m worried about this.what should i do?

Dr. Aditi Kishore Shinde
Gynecologist 10 yrs exp Kolkata
Dear Ma'am, Gestational hypertension in pregnancy is a condition, where the blood pressure is above 140/90 mmHg on 2 occasions 4-6 hours apart. It is a condition of disordered placentation which causes raised blood pressure in Mom and reduced growth as well as reduced liquor in babies. If untreated and unmonitored, they may cause other problems like fits, liver, kidney and brain issues. There is no natural way recommended safe in pregnancy, do take the advice of your Gynaecologist and followup accordingly. If well controlled the risk of having these issues with progressive gestation would be less and most Gestational Hypertension would resolve spontaneously after delivery. Do let me know if there are any other queries. Regards, Aditi.