Hypertension
Hi,I'm 37 years, 5.9 feets hight and 78kg weight. I got hypertension an year back. One day (a headache day with no sleep) the readings were very high (200/160). Have under gone all kinds of medical checks relevant to heart, kidney, sugar, thyroid and many other including headache, etc. etc., reports are normal except hypertension. As per doctor suggestion, started taking telma h40 and stopped salt permanently (zero salt intake), walking an hour every day plus good diet vegs and fruits (only one time rice). After 3 months, I was 70kg and my hypertension came down to 115/75 still under telma h40 medication. As per another doctor suggestion medication reduced to telma 20 and my hypertension continued normal for another 2 months. Finally, stopped medication, diet same as fruits, vegs with one time rice (and no salt ever) plus regular walking for hour, its been a month now... And my hypertension gone up to 140/100. Not sure what to do?

Zero salt should not be an option for a very long time..it would lead to other problems like electrolyte imbalances.You should reduce your salt intake,avoid salty food like pickle, snacks(with high salt content) and restrict salt intake in dinner as an option and continue with low dose antihypertensive drugs,and weekly monitoring of bp.Discontinuing antihypertensive drug will not be ideal in your case since your diastolic bp is also high.

Continue the telma20 as advised earlier And continue the same lifestyle