My hands ands face are darker than my body and ive tried lots of products but everything was a failure and ive almost lost hope so please tell me something that will work so that i can get rid of this sun tan and get my normal colour back

Doctor Answers (1) on HOW TO GET RID OF SUN TAN

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
Sun tan as the name suggests is due to sunlight. So any product that removes the tan will not be effective if you expose yourself to sunlight again. I try to convince most of my patients not to remove their tan as it is a protective mechanism by which harmful radiation that cause cancer are blocked. But if you still want to get rid of your tan, you can go for a procedure called chemical peel. It is done once in 3 to 4 weeks. On the face the response is good (need approx 4 sessions) but on the body it takes several sessions (approx 8 sessions) also large skin area of arms and other body areas will make the procedure on these areas expensive. The best sun protection is using full lenght clothes. High SPF and PA rated sunscreens used every 2 hours also protect your skin from sunlight. It takes a short time to get tanned but a long time to remove it. So weigh your options and plan for the procedure with a dermatologist near you. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore