Hives chronic urticaria

Iam suffering chronic urticaria(hives) last 3 months.I meet the dermotologist doctor he give the levocetrizine and steroid tablet this tablets are giving temporary relief.again skin rashes coming in my body.we are done all test even ige test also total results are fine.only iron content are low.please give me perminent sugesion .

Doctor Answers (1) on Hives chronic urticaria

Hives are irritating and difficult to live with. Chronic urticaria is the medical terminology and this condition needs proper assessment. The triggers should be identified. Based on your description, it appears that you have intermittent variable of chronic urticaria. These conditions have strong relation to one's internal health and it needs to be evaluated as often quoted - Skin is the mirror of internal health. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation which probably will include a non-sedative antihistamine and some other medications based on blood chemistry. A common mistake is to take antihistamines as when and needed while it should be taken for a reasonably long time frame in urticaria whether you develop hives or not. After a certain period, it is advisable to wean the treatment. Few advance treatment options also exist which requires once a month treatment. Hope it helps.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
Avoid self medications.