HIV transmission through

Hi Doctor, Last monday I went to shaving my beard and after shaving barber has taken lotion in his hands and put around my face skin and I felt burning sensation is there any problems that his hands with blood or cuts in hands along with lotion blood transmitted in my body.

Dr. Jyoti Talukdar
Medical Microbiologist 18 yrs exp Gurgaon

It can be transmitted by using same blade from an infected person
Dr. Rama S.K
Internal Medicine 16 yrs exp Dimapur
Hiv is transmitted on contact of infected body fluid of a person with your blood ...if barber is infected and his blood ooze on his palms have come in contact with your cuts having blood ooze after shaving then chance of transmission is 0.03%...you need to know first whether barber is HIV positive or not...else stop thinking or go for post exposure prophylaxis for HIV
Dr. Ahmed latiwala
General Physician 2 yrs exp Surat
no due to blood it does not causes the burning sensation it may transmit from blood from the hand of the Barber if it is affected by HIV burning sensation is due to the astringent effect of lotion routes of transmission HIV 1 blood to blood transmission 2 vertical transmission from mother to child 3 needle pricks 4 unprotected sexual intercourse
do the HIV screening test for every 6 months