Hiv Transmission

10 days ago i went to a Clinic because i was feeling Fever. The Doctor said i'am having low Blood Pressure & he suggested me to take Glucose. Than he injected me some medicine. Since that day i'am always in doubt that i contracted HIV because i did not saw him changing the SYRINGE but he changed the NEEDLE. What is the chances of HIV transmission if he changed the NEEDLE but not the SYRINGE ? What is the percentage of transmission ? please reply i can't sleep at Night because very tensed.

Doctor Answers (4) on Hiv Transmission

Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar Delhi | General Practitioner
Very simple. Get the HIV test done to rule out the same. Doubts will be cleared. That's the only sincere approach right now. All the best
DR .V.HARI PRASAD Chittoor | General Physician
With same needle for different persons the chances of getting HIV is 30/10,000. That is 0.003%.but it is unethical .because same syringe if contaminated with blood or bacteria can transmit dangerous diseases if not sterilized.don't accept same syringe for next time.
if still have doubts you can take certain medicine to prevent hiv .and check for hiv test after 4- 5 months.consult a general physician for best results.
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there .
I can understand your concern. 
You are just doubting the doctor unnecessarily. 
Do you think it will make any difference for the doctor if he doesnt change the syringe?
A syringe just costs 5 rs.
You are just thinking too much . Nothing else.
Kindly carry out your daily activities as you do.
Best regards. 
Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Bangalore.
Dr. Pankaj Kumar Delhi | General Physician
No Clinic / hospital can do these type of activity as there is strict guidelines for everything in hospital... It may be your mis-understanding but if still you believe that they have injected without changing whole syringe then you can get HIV testing done at 3 months,  or you can consult general physician in your locality... Chances of getting infection depends on many thing so it is very difficult to say in percentage but chances is there...