Hiv test resul
Me and my boyfriend are in sexual contact for more than a year(from 2015).he is hiv negative.Today I did my hiv test and results were non reactive and observed value is 0.16 What is that 0.16 value indicate? Will the value get increased if i repeat the test again?

Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
General Physician 18 yrs exp Chennai

Was that ELISA test ?
Dr. Venkat Raghav
Hello, which test you are talking off?? There are many tests for HIV like ELISA , Western blot.... Normally most laboratories express the HIV test results with Cut off 1. Above 1 means HiV positive below 1 is HiV negative , it depends on laboratory ,you consult your physician with report ,no need to repeat test.