HIV tension

Hi, I had sex with a girl whose HIV status was not known to me ... In between the condom broke and my penis was exposed... As soon I realised this I immediately washed it .... I got tested for HIV 46 days after it and the result came HIV negative. The test that was conducted was HIV 1 and 2 and P24 combo test(CMIA) and the index value was 0.16. But after that I have got really stressed and have been experiencing symptoms like tingling sensation and some pain in my muscles, a ulcer on my tongue and white coating on the tongue. I would Like to mention that in between I have lap undergone a cosmetic surgery where in local anesthesia was gives to me and I have been eating few medicines because of the same. Also I would like to tell that Because of this stress I am also eating some anti depressant and anti anxiety mess which was recommended to me by a psychiatrist ... Please let me know that are these symptoms of HIV seroconversion or I am just too stressed and HIV test on 46 day is reliab

Doctor Answers (2) on HIV tension

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern, but don't you think you re being too over anxious about everything. Try to relax. Take a deep breath. If you are so worried, why didn't you get the girls' HIV test done and everything would have been clear. You say as soon as you realised, you removed and washed, so what's the tension about. All your symptoms are because of your thinking too much. They are not related to HIV. See a physician in person for further help. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...you need to relax yourself first. Try yoga, mediation whenever you are free. Once you start relaxing you will probably notice the symptoms decrease. The oral ulcers could be related to stress also. Repeat the hiv test 3 months from the date of sexual exposure. It will confirm whether you have hiv or not(because you can be in window period). In the mean time you can get tested for vdrl and HbsAg, as these are commonly sexually transmitted. Kindly consult a dermatologist if you have any further queries regarding sexually transmitted infections.