HIV AIDS test...
Hello, I had intercourse with a girl 1 month back. I used condomn still I want to check my blood. But I have heard that tests can be done 3 months after the intercourse. Is it true? When should I do the tests?

Dr. Sanjay Erande
Sexologist 12 yrs exp Pune

Actually antibody test like(Elisa/ Tridot)... gives correct result after 3 months... because it takes around 3 months for the antibodies to appear in blood......
There are PCR ,P24 antigen like test for... before 3 months.... you can do that..
But for confirmation again antibody test are necessary  for confirmation after 3 months from exposure