High temperament

I so offen get in high temperament and i loose my senses when i get angry , do i really need to see psychiatric, as in the situation i loose my control over me and do or speak anything. Please suggest me something what should i do

Doctor Answers (1) on High temperament

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Every human being is different from each other, and our thresholds of temper are different from each other. However when temper borders on the extreme, yes we do need to take some actions. The first step to anger management is recognition of the problem, and since you have recognized this as a problem worthy of rectification, you are on the right track. Some other steps that can be taken by you for temper control can be- a. Identification the factors that flare your temper b. Recognise alternative ways of dealing with situation c. Calmly evaluation each option d. Enacting/ rehearsing alternative behavioral options when you are calm d. Doing some a practice in front of mirror is likely to more helpful e. Giving yourself few minutes in a situation prior to responding emotionally will help you keep a tab on your emotions f. Daily exercise/ meditation/ relaxation will also help you attain a calmer state of mind in general g. Learning effective communication skills, anger is understood as an ineffective communication statergy hence an effective communication repertoire will help you manage temper better h. Resolving issues when you are calm, pending issues with a person or issue tend to fuel temper in a specific scenario, priory resolving such issues is likely to help in emotional control I. Kick boxing/ punching bags etc as vents of physical energy can also help in such problems.. You can truly some of these techniques for now, and if you have any problem applying or understanding these please consult a psychiatrist or a psychologist near you.. Hope this helps you..