High level of haemoglobin

My fiance was having 16.5 haemoglobin last month today he went to donate blood where he came to know that the haemoglobin level is 17.5... They asked to consult a doctor regarding this increasing level of haemoglobin.... Would you please help us to know that how the level can be maintained.... Or what we should do to take it to normal level??

DR .V.HARI PRASAD
General Physician 5 yrs exp Chittoor
for women 12 to 16 is acceptable .BUT 17.5 means you have to visit haematologist/internal medicine specialist for further evaluation.as a precaution
Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern. a haemoglobin level of to 16 to 17 is only slightly above normal. so no need to worry for now. so individuals can have slightly high haemoglobin even normally. very high haemoglobin is seen conditions like polycythemia Vera or bone marrow abnormalities. repeat his blood investigations after a month. if it's still increasing then consult a haemotologist or general physician for further evaluation.