High BP nearby Delivery

My completed 9 month of pregnancy period.5yrs before Her last delivery was Cegerion coz of high BP. she has high BP problem again. Doctor Gave
coming date 24th oct. will do operational delivery.
BP can not be controlled before delivery by madicines??
What should i get it done . What possibilities of normal delivery??

Doctor Answers (1) on High BP nearby Delivery

Thank you for your Question.
High BP in pregnancy has different causes and can be worrying for the mother and baby. There are many risk factors to consider when planning a delivery as labour affects the mother as well as the blood flow through the placenta that determines the fitness of the baby to tolerate labour contractions which can last several hours. Often the process that causes blood pressure to rise has been occurring inside the mother for several weeks before the blood pressure is seen as high on testing. These changes affect the mothers blood vessels, placenta, heart, kidneys and sometimes liver too. Her blood's ability to clot can also be affected.
Consideration needs to be given to all these factors when deciding if labour is the safest option for delivery. A normal delivery is normal only in retrospect after both mother and baby have gone home safely. Many times the risks to mother and baby do not allow this waiting to be the best option.
I would suggest that you speak with your obstetrician about pros and Cons of your decision. You faith and trust in your doctor are very important determinants for the outcome and your happiness so please do not hesitate to get all your doubts cleared.
Hope this helps
Best wishes for your delivery and new baby