High Blood Pressure

We just checked my mother's blood pressure in hospital. That nurse told that the blood pressure is high and it Is 170. I would like to know wether it is dangerous also if you xould please help me out with the medicine so that I can buy and give her . Look forward to your earliest response. My mother is face problem she started bleeding from mouth. Blood is coming out from her throat. We are completely scared.please help

Doctor Answers (3) on High Blood Pressure

Dr. Aastha Midha Likhyani Mohali | General Surgeon
hi since you have given me considering it to be just the above value of BP with bleeding .. she needs to go and visit a doctor - physician immediately for complete evaluation then only she will be better .
Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti Hyderabad | General Physician
Go to physician to control blood pressure immediately. Bleeding may be due high bp.
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there.

I can understand your concern.

It's not so simple however to give medicine.
We need to examine her and a few basic tests will be required to know if there is any specific cause of the high blood pressure.
Get a ECG, CBC,RFT, lipid profile done. And consult a MD. Physician in person for further evaluation and management.
Do not delay it and why are you not at a hospital already even when she is bleeding as you said.
Take her to a hospital right away.
Best regards.
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.