cardiologist-icon
High blood pressure
My grandpa about 78 years old, recently have high blood pressure 240/120, due to that he feels very tired, any proper medication required, please suggest

Hello there. I can understand your concern. That much is a very high pressure and it's an emergency. I would suggest you restrict salt intake in any form and consult a cardiologist as soon as possible. A lot of tests like CBC, renal function tests, serum electrolytes will be required. Also tests like electro cardiogram and echo will also be required. For now Take one tablet Metropol 50mg and then consult a cardiologist as soon as possible. Don't delay. Such high pressures can lead to stroke and even myocardial infarction. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.