High blood pressure
My grandpa about 78 years old, recently have high blood pressure 240/120, due to that he feels very tired, any proper medication required, please suggest
73 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain
General Physician 4 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹150 for 24 hrs

Hello there. I can understand your concern. That much is a very high pressure and it's an emergency. I would suggest you restrict salt intake in any form and consult a cardiologist as soon as possible. A lot of tests like CBC, renal function tests, serum electrolytes will be required. Also tests like electro cardiogram and echo will also be required. For now Take one tablet Metropol 50mg and then consult a cardiologist as soon as possible. Don't delay. Such high pressures can lead to stroke and even myocardial infarction. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
2/2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?