Frome past 4month i went to GB pant for treatment of bp and why this happened to me they write cause hypertension and prescribe me telma and metx but before one month ago i left all these medcn and join gym aftr dat yday i ceck my bp that was 132/88 and doc said its normal
But i have issues like numbnes tnglng in body
Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice
Dats good. But sometimes one single reading of BP is not sufficient. Also depends on the accumen of person taking BP. Get ur BP checked on 3 different dates and timings. Than it will be clear if u have hypertension or not.
JNC 7 recommendations to lower BP and decrease cardiovascular disease risk include the following, with greater results achieved when 2 or more lifestyle modifications are combined :
1.Weight loss (range of approximate systolic BP reduction [SBP], 5-20 mm Hg per 10 kg)
2.Limit alcohol intake to no more than 1 oz (30 mL) of ethanol per day for men or 0.5 oz (15 mL) of ethanol per day for women and people of lighter weight (range of approximate SBP reduction, 2-4 mm Hg)
3. Reduce sodium intake to no more than 100 mmol/day (2.4 g sodium or 6 g sodium chloride; range of approximate SBP reduction, 2-8 mm Hg)
4. Maintain adequate intake of dietary potassium (approximately 90 mmol/day)
5. Maintain adequate intake of dietary calcium and magnesium for general health
6. Stop smoking and reduce intake of dietary saturated fat and cholesterol for overall cardiovascular health
7. Engage in aerobic exercise at least 30 minutes daily for most days (range of approximate SBP reduction, 4-9 mm Hg).