Hidradenitis suppurativa
I may be suffering from a mild variety of hidradenitis suppurativa. I do get recurrent acne like lesions on my scrotal and penile skin which gets discharged and heals. This is causing a lot of distress. Is there any good remedy for this condition. Please help.

Dr. Govind S Mittal

Greetings. Hidradenitis suppurativa is a chronic problem necessitating long term treatment and care too. Certainly it can be treated so that the symptoms are brought to a minimum. Also life style measures like weight reduction, good personal hygiene, decolonisation regimes in case of resistant organisms, exercise and fitness - go a long way in disease control. See a qualified dermatologist near you. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging. Warm regards

Hidradenitis suppurativa causes