Hi My female baby shaloni

She is 8 months old.her body is hot since 2days.what shall I do.she is taking food.but while touching her body is feeling feverish.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hi My female baby shaloni

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Give your child acetaminophen. If your child is age 6 months or older, ibuprofen is OK, too. Read the label carefully for proper dosage. Don't give aspirin to an infant or toddler. Call the doctor if the fever doesn't respond to the medication or lasts longer than one day...You can try a number of things to make yourself or your child more comfortable during a fever:
Drink plenty of fluids. Fever can cause fluid loss and dehydration, so drink water, juices or broth. For a child under age 1, use an oral rehydration solution. These solutions contain water and salts proportioned to replenish fluids and electrolytes.
Rest. You need rest to recover, and activity can raise your body temperature.
Stay cool. Dress in light clothing, keep the room temperature cool and sleep with only a sheet or light blanket.