Herpes Disease
Hi Doctors, I am having cold sores on my neck from last 2 days. Today i consult a docor and he said its herpes. Please suggest - how long it will take to recover from herpes? - the remedies to recover from this virus. - what are the causes of this virus ? - is this virus stays life long ? ( Read on google) - protections for future.

Dr. Govind S Mittal

Greetings. I am not very clear of what you exactly have - where herpes simplex or herpes zoster. Simplex is not very common on the neck area and zoster is not common in young age unless there's some triggering factor. Both need treatment with same medicine but dose is different. So without clarity on this it's tough for me to answer all your questions. In general - work towards reducing stress and improving general fitness. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging. Warm regards

Herpes virus encephalitis