cancer-icon
Hereditary Cancer
Doctor, I'm 14 years old, Male. I think that tumor runs in my mother's family. The tumor history was started from the grandmather of my mother. He was suffered from a tumor and operated. After operation, he was fully fine. I don't know if the tumor was cancerous or non-cancerous. He was two son who don't have tumor till now. Then, her 2 son's all daughters & son was affected with tumor. They all was operated and they is fine till now. However, my mother's mother was died from Stomach cancer. Few months ago, we discover that my mother has a lesion in her liver. Doctor ordered from CT & FNAC. The report says that the tumor is non-cancerous and result of chronic-inflammation. However, this is my family history. Now, am I in risk for developing cancer because of this family history? Please help doctor.

Hereditary cancers are seen in about 10% of patients suffering from cancer. A detailed family history, with individual diagnosis is recommended before determining the chances of hereditary cancer. I would recommend you to please consult for a detailed assessment