Height problem

At the age of 21, is there still a chance of growing just an inch? I have no medical history, just been a heavy drinker and a smoker back then.

Doctor Answers (2) on Height problem

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Exercise at least five times per week. By using exercises that help with gaining height, you will naturally increase the level of growth hormones in your body. Certain weight training exercises, high intensity sprints and bar hanging can help you achieve this. Athletic activities like basket ball and swimming are generally known to increase height.you must strengthen your abdominal and back muscles first to get the most out of your exercises.Eat a healthy diet. you have to eat more foods high in amino acids to help increase the levels of human growth hormones in your body. Adding calcium, zinc, iron, copper and magnesium rich food items into your diet can help you increase these levels as well.
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...I can understand your concern. I am sorry to tell there is very little chance of growth in height after the age of 21 years. You could excercises like swimming, skipping, high bar excercises which have a little effect. Habits like drinking and smoking can affect. Firstly stop those habits. Also you can consult a endocrinologist for further evaluation.