Heel Pain.

My heel start paining after a walk of 2-3 kilometres. I experience highest pain in my heel in morning. I used to walk 4-5 km daily but had no such problem. Now as i started gunning in gym, heel started paining. I stopped running, it's been a month but pain has become constant..
views-icons 66 Views bookmarks-icon 2 Bookmarks 1 Share Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Dr. Rajiv Mehta (PT)
Physiotherapist 18 yrs exp Delhi

As per ur details it seems u r having plantar facisitis. This could be due to spur or any other reason which needs to be find out. Till than try a home therapy of contrast bath ie dip foot in extreme cold water for 5 min than in luke warm water for 15 mins. Soon visit a qualified and registered physiotherapist nearby for proper checkup. Know us more at www drrajivmehta com
Dr. Anuradha Sharma (PT)
Clinical Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Noida

Rest. Must do wax therapy and ultrasonic therapy for heel pain and calf stretching exercise must avoid long standing and strain
Dr. Hitin Mathur
Orthopedic Surgeon 17 yrs exp Delhi

Hi, this is Dr Hitin Mathur, orhopaedic surgeon at Fortis C Doc Hospital, New Delhi. From your symptoms it seems that u are suffering from plantar fascitis, an inflammatory condition of the fascia on the underside of your foot. The treatment revolves around use of silicone heel in your shoes, hot and cold fomentation of both feet upto 3 times a day along with some analgesics for a short period. Low vitamin D levels or raised uric acid also contributes to the same, so get your blood levels fasting. A good clinical examination of your feet would be quite helpful in clinching the diagnosis. Sometimes flat foot also contributes to it, so that needs to be evaluated as well.