Heavy Hairfall/Rainfall ?

Hair loss is a hereditary in my family,my father ,uncle,elder brothers don't have hair on their scalp.My hairs are also falling on a high rate... Is there any chance that my hair will become thicker and instead of decreasing it will regrow.. I am using Quilib men's lotion for the past one year and it was really working but the problem is with the dandruff.If I have dandruff than no lotion or tablet works.if dandruff is not there than Quilib works very good... What should I do... Now.. Please suggest something to me..

Doctor Answers (1) on Heavy Hairfall/Rainfall ?

Thanks for the query. MPB is an increasing problem in today's society. Hair care is a daily ritual shaped by age, gender, socioeconomic status and internal health. The treatment typically consists of usage of oral medication (Finasteride) and topical lotion (Minoxidil ). The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist.  You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals. PRP therapy is increasingly being accepted by dermatologists all over the world. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results. Hope it helps.  Best wishes Dr MK Agarwala New Delhi