Heavy Hair loss

My hairs are getting thinner day by day. Volume of my hairs was good by recently since few months I have noticed heavy hair loss because of which previously when I used to make 2 plates in my hair the size of each one of them used to be good whereas now when I make even 1 plate it's thinner than the 2 individual plate and I love long hairs I am not able to understand what should I do to stop this problem and to have a good hair volume with growth. Please help ...Thankyou

Doctor Answers (1) on Heavy Hair loss

Dr. Zubin Mandlewala Mumbai | Trichologist
Hi. It is important to understand that hair fall of more than 100 hair a day is a problem. Are u eating a proper diet rich in proteins? have u had any recent infections, surgeries, or febrile states? Do u crash diet from time and again? Do u have thyroid? Are your periods regular? Do u smoke?  These are just a few questions that enable us to assess (of course consulting a dermatologist nearby is the best option). Sometimes causes such as vitamin D deficiency, ferritin deficiency can also play a role. A good hair supplement tablet and maybe a hair growth serum with possible correction of underlying causes may help, but it is best to consult a dermatologist in person. You can follow up in the private chat.

Dr. Zubin Mandlewala