Heart and diabeties

Hi, Last week mine father was admitted in hospital due to diabetes and high bp.Diabetes level was gone up till 575 but now it's in control.various test had been taken by hospital all were normal except 1.In echo test of heart, it was mentioned DIASTOLIC DYSFUNCTION.I asked doctor about these to doctor, but he said it normal at this age (64 yrs).It was caused due to diabetes.But after few days mine dad having a pain in heart.I am not getting it is it happening due to DIASTOLIC DYSFUNCTION and I should consult an another doctor.Could someone suggest on these??

Doctor Answers (1) on Heart and diabeties

Please take your doctor to hospital again and show to cardiologist. Diastolic dysfunction is abnormal heart relaxation and it can be due to stiffening of heart due to age diabetes hypertension. Pain can be due to block also and can be a warning sign of heart attack. These two are unrelated.