Hearing my own voice

I have been advised to wear Binaural hearing aid with proper fittings to overcome hearing my own voice louder by Dr pinaki Majumdar of Kolkata. I thank him for the recommendstion.But what is a Binaural type hearing aid.what is its speciality? Initially 45 days back moulds with out vents were fitted by an audiologist and since wearing it I started hearing my own voice. But now I wear oticon BTE aid with four channels and 2 mm dia vented moulds.it has not stopped this phenomenon. Can flum in the throat for years cause this troublesome hearing my own voice.what can be done to contain this appreciably..I hear low frequency sound louder and high frequency rather low.There is booming effect in hearing and while speaking.pl help.
views-icons 91 Views 1 Share Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
Otologist/ Neurotologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore
Binaural hearing aids simply mean that you need hearing aids in both your ears! You should have opted for an RIC type of hearing aid with open fitting earpiece! It gives much more efficient sound conduction as speaker os sitting in your ear connected to the main body by a thin wire which is almost as thin as your hair!