Health issue

Hello dr i want to remain fit my height is 5'11" and weight 65kg i want to remain fit and healthy i go gym regularly bt still cold and cough catches me fastly and again and again...i dnt knw y is dis health issue even after gyming few moths ago i left smoking still have this issues bt wen i use to smoke cold doesnt catches me bt after leaving it catches lot more plzzz comment wat to do

Ms. Bipasha Das
Dietitian/Nutritionist 9 yrs exp Delhi

Hi, Combating with cough n cold frequently, is a matter of concern. Try to maintain few things n few habit changes will help you. Have lots of fruits and specially those with vitamin C, that is any citrus fruits. Try to have one whole amla daily in raw form or in juice form. Do few pranayam exercises for strengthening lung capacity in the morning.
Ms. Nisha Singh
Dietitian/Nutritionist 17 yrs exp Mumbai

Hi, From what I understand your immunity is really low. Have foods rich in vitamin c like nimbu paani, oranges, sweet lime, kiwi, berries, sprouts, mint, coriander, capsicum, tomato. Also maintain good hydration levels. Exercise daily especially Pranayam as it helps in building lung capacity.