Hand pain

I had been suffering from acute pain in my right hand. The pain was so much that I was unable to move my right hand and had to visit an emergency counter of a hospital. I was given an injection, then was asked to get an x-ray. The doctor said that it's not a fracture, seems like a muscle pain. Advised to tie my hand with a crepe band aid and gave medications. Said that in a week's time if it's not recovered then they would tie a plaster. Whenever my hand would be tied with the band aid it wont feel much pain but feel it the moment I would take the thing off. Showed a local doctor, he asked me to get my calcium tests done. When my report came out he told me that my calcium levels are marginal and calcium medicines would fix my problem in 3 days time. I started feeling better and the pain seemed to vanish. However, since I am a working professional I work on the computer and excessive use of my right hands again increased my pain. I feel pain in my lower back. Please help!

Doctor Answers (3) on Hand pain

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there I understand your concern... Hand pain may be due to different causes like blocked arterial supply to particular portion of hand,trauma to the part,nerve compression,carpal tunnel syndrome, joint disorders etc...so detalied clinical examination is necessary to diagnose the problem... Consult nearest orthopedic surgeon they will do the needful.
DR .V.HARI PRASAD Chittoor | General Physician
it appears like carpaltunnel syndrome in hand.there will be spinal problem for your low back pain.both may be due to job stress.please consult first a family physician /general physician with good lab support. they refer you to orthopaedician or pain medicne medicine specialist after few investigations.
Dr. Kanchan Sharma Jaipur | Pain Management Specialist
It seems like myofascial pain...calcium role in that is doubtful according to me ...
Without examining n evaluating u its not possible for me to comment on that...
Kindly consult a pain physician ...at ur place