Half of molar lost

I've lost more than half of my molar which had been filled previously. But I feel no pain in that tooth, however some irritation is there in that part. Will that tooth have to be extracted?

Doctor Answers (3) on Half of molar lost

Hi..you restore it by undergoing root canal treatment followed by a crown. Refilling cannot be done when tooth structure is weak. Visit a nearest dentist. Regards
a dentist will have to examine your tooth to decide. he will also make a radiograph and then decide if the tooth can be salvaged or will have to be extracted. if it can be salvaged then, a full crown can be a long term option , else after extraction replacement in the form of a dental implant is the most predictable option.
To restore or to save the tooth is an answer only your dentist can make by a thorough clinical and radiographic examination. Pain is a symptom and does not signify the severity of the problem i.e. the problem may be severe but still be devoid of pain. So please visit your dentist today.