Hairs getting rough

When i oil my hairs with other hair oil except pantene my hairs are getting rough. I need my hairs silky. What to do?

Doctor Answers (1) on Hairs getting rough

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
Rough hair needs good conditioners. There are shampoos available with good conditioners but are quite expensive. The other option is to use oil on your hair an hour before you have a bath. Avoid using hair products like hair gels, hair wax and repeatedly wetting your hair. This removes the natural conditioners on your hair and makes it rough. Also do not get hair straightening or hair perming as these also damage your hair cuticle (the outer layer of the hair). You can also use wash off conditioners after you shampoo your hair. These have to be applied after you wash off the shampoo and kept for about 2 mins and then washed off. If you develop scalp irritation discontinue the conditioner. I cannot recommend any particular brand because different products suit different people. If you find a product that suits you, do not change it. In your case I would recommend you to stick to pantene. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore