Hairloss and baldness
I am having heavy hair loss(150-200 hairs) from 2 years.I got my first prp sitting a month ago. Initially after 10 days I noticed slight improvement in my hairloss, and then after I started losing my hair like before. How many prp sitting are required to completely stop my hairfall?

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. MPB is an increasing problem in today's society. Hair care is a daily ritual shaped by age, gender, socioeconomic status and internal health. The treatment typically consists of usage of oral medication (Finasteride) and topical lotion (Minoxidil ). The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist.  You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals. Atleast 4 such treatment needed. It's a supportive treatment option and need to be done in addition to.main treatment. PRP therapy is increasingly being accepted by dermatologists all over the world. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results