Hairfall problem

I am having severe hairfall. My scalp is very itchy and i have lot of hairfall . on touching my hair , atlest 10 strands falls immedieatly. i have ordered essential oils like "tea tree", "rosemary", etc for reducing hairfall. I want to consult a dermatologist for my hairfall problem and get treated. My concern is that , can i use essential oils along with the hair fall treatment (medicines and scalp injections) ? or i have to stop using essential oils? Can anybody tell me if essential oil helps in hairfall treatment? Please help

Dr. Rasya Dixit

Hi You seem to be having acute telogen effluvium.  This condition is usually triggered by a change in season, recent illness or severe stress or weight loss etc. The hair roots are loose so any massage may increase the hair loss. Also essential oils are good for conditioning the hair shafts but may not help in reversing hair loss. Please contact a dermatologist who can examine you and prescribe the appropriate hair care products and treatments. Once the phase of hair loss is arrested you can consider checking with your dermatologist before starting the essential oils. Best regards DR Rasya Dixit