Hairfall and white hairs

Hello... My brother is living in new zealand from last 2 years.. and now he is suffering from hairfall and having white hairs... It is a major problem as he is too young for this.. White hairs are less in number but but there is so much hairfall.. Kindly tell me some remedies and some medicines so that I can send him the medicines as soon as possible...
views-icons 35 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Hairfall and white hairs

There may he many reasons for hair fall in a patient. It could be multifactorial. However Male pattern baldness is most common and is an increasing problem in today's society. Hair care is a daily ritual shaped by age, gender and internal health. The treatment typically consists of usage of oral medication (Finasteride) and topical lotion (Minoxidil ). The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist.  You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals. PRP therapy is increasingly being accepted by dermatologists all over the world. In my honest opinion, premature graying of hair has very limited options. An attempt to prevent further graying can be made and it needs few blood tests. Consult with your Dermatologist