Hair thinning and loss
My father was a bald guy and his brothers too. I have been experiencing hair loss and thinning for the last 4-5 years now. I saw a doctor and he said it's hereditary and can only be stopped by some PRP therapy and that it won't be permanent. Is there really no solution other than these invasive therapies to get my hair back and increase hair growth?

You are suffering from hormonal changes causing Androgenetic alopecia causing hair fall. It's completely stoppable even regrowth of hair is possible with certain medications without any side effects. Treatment depends on the grade of hair loss. So, it's a must for diagnosing which grade, you are in for an effective treatment. Please  send photos of your head, by direct online consultation for accurate diagnosis and proper treatment.
I would be able to judge the cause of your hairfall only after assessing your pictures. Did you have any stress/ illness/ covid/ surgery prior to hairloss. Do you have investigations done like serum ferritin, hemoglobin, thyroid, vitamin d? Is there visibility of scalp due to hair thinning? You can consult online with pictures to assess the diagnosis and treatment. PRP can have effect on thinning / shedding of hair, but not alone.
This condition is called Telogen Effluvium. It's a reversible condition in which hair falls out after a stressful experience. The stress pushes large numbers of hair follicles into a resting phase. Within a few months, those hairs can fall out. Types of stress can include any hormonal issues like thyroid or any major illness like Covid. Once u start appropriate medications it takes approximately 3-5 months to start seeing any visible difference. U will know if the medication is working if ur hair loss reduces. Growth of hair will occur only post the cessation of hair loss. Normal hair fall upto 100 a day is normal. If it is more than 100 then it is a cause of concern that needs to b addressed. It's a reversible condition but needs to b treated to prevent further hair loss. Consult a Dermatologist.
Can consult with your pics. After assessing the severity we can prescribe good medicines