Hair loss. White hair

I am suffering from heavy hair loss, hair thinning, weak roots. If I massage hair oil hair comes in hand, I use anti dandruff shampoo, but dandruff comes again, old advice oil, shampoo, multivitamin, to save balance left over hairs, otherwise I will become bald, living a stress full life, please help.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair loss. White hair

Thanks for the query. Male pattern baldness (MPB) is an increasing problem in today's society. Hair care is a daily ritual shaped by age, gender, socioeconomic status and internal health. With increasing affordability people are more aware of the cosmetic appearance and hair fall forms a major part of the complaints. It is more difficult to manage if there is a family member with similar hair fall, it indicates genetics and we know that the person is destined to lose hair if not intervened and corrective measures are not taken. The treatment typically consists of usage of oral medication (Finasteride) and topical lotion (Minoxidil in 5% strength). One needs to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Minoxidil is recommended by US-FDA for indefinite usage. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions (4-6) roughly at 6 weeks intervals. PRP therapy is increasingly being accepted by dermatologists all over the world. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results. Further information is in the following weblink