Hair loss treatment
My son is going through a severe hair loss. Whom shall I consult? Please suggest the best doctor for it?

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi. Your son may be suffering from early onset androgenetic alopecia. Does his father or brother or maternal uncles have balding? This could genetically predispose him to balding. Further environmental factors , pollution, stress, junk food and poor diet could cause him to lose hair further. He'll probably need treatment with hair care lotions or serums - something that has vasodilator properties and improves thickness of hair and reduces hair loss. He must have a good balanced nutritious diet. Yes, his hair density can be restored if he takes timely treatment and care of his hair. For dandruff he'll need an antifungal shampoo. See a dermatologist near you- I have colleagues and friends in Lucknow, whom I could refer you to - You can contact me on follow up messaging for the same. Hope this helps. Warm regards.