Hair loss problem
I'm experiencing heavy hair loss along with thinning of hair and I have consulted dermatologist.My doctor simply suggested me to use Mintop 5% solution daily.But i got to know from one of my friend that by using Mintop there will me more hair loss instead of getting new ones ! So please clarify my doubt.Is it good to use Mintop solution and what are the side effects i will experience if i use it? Please tell me some suggestions to make my hair thick and strong. Thanks in advance.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Greetings! I really dont understand whom you would trust - you dont want to trust a deramtologist you met - who is indeed educated about hair care - and wish to listen to a friend whom i presume is not a doctor. Now you wish to ask opinion of another doctor whom you have never met !?! So firstly relax; have faith in the treating doctor. Mintop 5% does reduce hair fall and improve hair growth - as long as you will use it- and will take 3 to 6 months to show improvement. If you have androgenetic alopecia - you have to realise that androgenetic alopecia is progressive and an ongoing process. And minoxidil attempts to control the same. it has no major side effects - if u experience any - discuss with your dermatologist
see a qualified dermatologist near you
Further queries can be sent on follow up messaging
Dr. Piyush Agrawal
Dermatologist 6 yrs exp Raigarh
Hello sir/maam Its not like that. Minoxidil is very useful in treating alopecia. Be confident enough to ur treating doctor.