Hair loss in patches
Hello doctor.....today i saw a round patch on my scalp .....its on the top of the head....it is very big round patch..I m suffering from severe hair fall..one year back i had a c section delivery...pls suggest me what to do i m very scared.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Patchy hair loss could be due to alopecia areata. This could be confirmed on photographs if you could send. It may not be related to your c section you have undergone. Alopecia areata may last for few months or years but can be treated with injections, lotions and tablets depending on the extent and activity of the disease. Kindly see a dermatologist for confirmation of diagnosis and further management of your condition..